After baking (and loving) my Rhubarb Blondies a few weeks ago, I thought it was finally time to create some Chickpea blondies!
I’ve seen numerous complicated blondie recipes over on Instagram (some of them look great!) however, sometimes simple is best.
I decided to use a creamy cashew butter in this recipe but I’m pretty sure any nut butter would work in these! (Perhaps make some Peanut butter ones?) You could even change the chocolate chips to white chocolate if you have more of a sweet tooth!
Make sure you drop me a message if you make these! Keen to know what you think!
Cashew and Chickpea Blondies
400g (1 tin) Chick Peas
75ml Maple Syrup
25g Chocolate Chips
2 Tbsp Cashew Butter
1 Tbsp Stevia
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
– Strain and rinse the chick peas.
– Add the chick peas, oats and cashew butter into the food processor and blend into a smooth paste.
– Next, add the maple syrup, vanilla extract and stevia and mix again.
– Mix around 3/4 of the chocolate chips into the mixture.
– Line your baking tin with baking paper (I used an 8×8 tin)
– Spoon and spread into the corners of the tin ensuring that the mixture stays the same thickness.
– Sprinkle on the remaining chocolate chips and gently press them into the mix.
– Bake at 180C for around 40 minutes*.
– Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire cooling
* I say around because this is totally down to your preference. If you prefer a chewier Blondie you might want to take them out a little before. Likewise if you prefer a nice crunch, you may want to leave them a bit longer!
3 Comments Add yours
This looks so delicious!! I have to do it one day 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you! If you do send me a photo and I’ll add it to my blog 😄 x